Last Saturday, GDB supporters were the toast of the town at our third Pinot & Pups Wine Gala in Portland, Ore. Held at the Portland Art Museum, 250 guests bid on both silent and live auction lots while sipping fine wines, enjoying a gourmet meal, and of course, cuddling with puppies! The event raised more than $200,000, with almost half ($95,000) garnered during a special paddle raise to support veterinary care; the remainder of the proceeds will go toward the costs of training students with their new Guide Dogs at our Oregon campus.
Many thanks to our generous sponsors—
- Soul Mate sponsor: Key Private Bank
- Companion sponsor: US Bank Charitable Services Group
- Buddy Sponsors: Pacific Power; The Standard
- Reception Sponsor: NW Natural
- Friend Sponsors: American Steel; Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt; Streimer Sheet Metal Works, Inc.; West Coast Bank
To see all the photos from the event, please visit the Pinot & Pups gallery on our Flickr site.
Didn’t make it to the event? You can still support Guide Dogs for the Blind by making an online donation. Visit www.guidedogs.com/donate to help make a difference today!
Pictured, top: Pinot & Pups guest Florence Rocks; bottom: guests Blake Hedinger and Mark Bruun.